The EYFS recognises that children learn best through play and active learning.
Your child will be taught the development areas of the EYFS through hands on activities that promote the characteristics of effective learning; engagement, motivation and thinking.
Your child would have daily phonics, literacy and maths lessons. They would have access to continuous provision which is where they have an opportunity for child led play to enrich their learning achieved during lessons. Outdoor activities make the rest of your child’s educational provision, this can include activities in our lower decking area using the water, sand and large bricks etc or making mud pies in our purpose built mud kitchen.
Our continuous provision area is divided up into different areas; the role play area, maths area, construction, writing table, small world, fine motor/malleable, sand/water play, outdoor area, computers/ict. All of these areas are designed to allow all children to develop their full potential.
- Expressive Arts and Design Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Communication and Language Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Literacy Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Mathematics Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Personal, Social and Emotional Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Physical Development Long Term Plan.pdf
- EYFS Understanding the World Long Term Plan.pdf